Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day


We were awakened to a Valentine's Day snowfall... very pretty.  While there are some serious housework chores awaiting, I did give Miss Victoria a good brushing (her favorite treat any day of the year).


I can't think of anything better to do once the housework is finished (well, it is never really finished) today than peruse some favorite books about Beautiful living.


Isn't this a charming teacup?  I have had it so long, I don't remember where I bought it... but I'm thinking it was a garage sale.


These are two pictures on my kitchen bulletin board.  The one on the left was taken soon after we were married.


The one on the right (obviously) is one of our wedding pictures.

My Valentine's gift to Hubby?  I've promised to help him install a set of shelves in the very, very cold garage.  It's one of those projects which takes an extra set of hands.  Once complete, it should help to do to really get the garage organized.

10 comments:

Vee said...

As long as you can come inside and wrap your hands around that sweet heart-shaped cup. I've never seen anything like it before.

Love that happy photo of the two of you on the left. Now THAT is a sweet Valentine!

JoannaTopazT said...

I love the way the light is hitting the pews in your wedding photo -- it's beautiful! Happy Valentine's Day!

Terri said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you!! that little cup and saucer is just beautiful!!! I am looking up one of the books that you have there... looks like good reading curled up in a nice easy chair!!! When the worke is one of course!!!!! Terri

Mary Ellen said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Mary Ellen
The Working Home Keeper

Unknown said...

Adore the teacup and the photos. Both lovely.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

What a delightful cup! I have never seen anything like it either!

Love to see the wedding photo! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Have a delightful day!

Deanna

Heather L. said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

What a sweet teacup!

And I must check out that Art of Romantic Living book!

Heather L. said...

What?! My library doesn't have that book? Well, at least it is cheap on Amazon! I'm keeping a list and I think I should budget to buy one of "these books" each month. Will buy the Gentle ARt of Domesticity on that plan too....and the Inklings book and I think I'm going to add Lost in Oxford. The Indy Library system is so good I can't complain, but they are not perfect.

Jeanneke said...

I do love the heart-shaped cup and saucer!!!
Can't find anything like that in Holland :>(

Love your blog; I am a very regular visitor.
Cheers!

Jeanneke.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Love that cup! I've never seen one like it. It's beautiful!