Thursday, November 03, 2011

Further chat about engagement pictures


As I wrote a friend, I started praying for each of my kid's future mates when they were infants.  It all seemed so far away at that time!  I was only twenty-three when Stephanie was born (a year after her brother passed away due to a premature birth) so even the thought of an in-law and grandchildren was strange... but I was so inspired by godly women like Edith Schaeffer, Elisabeth Elliot, Emilie Barnes, and Anne Ortlund to begin praying for them early.  :)

These pictures are my favorites.  There are also really cute pictures which show them in their university t-shirts, they go to in-state rivals so it is quite amusing.  For their privacy, I didn't show any of those but they were hubby's favorites (being a real rah-rah guy for "our" college).

Yes... when one is in their sixth year of blogging it does seem like only yesterday when the son in question graduated from high school.  Both of them will turn twenty-two before the wedding.  M. is a senior this year and C. is a senior on paper but has to take a fifth year of college (due to his major). 

As for my other child, son-in-law, and grandchildren... power has not been restored since the October winter storm went through last Saturday.  All prayers would be appreciated.  She says there are hundreds (thousands?) of trees down and many power lines.  The crews are working 24/7 to fix them.

3 comments:

Vee said...

Another sweet photos.

We're still praying for all those without power south of us. I hope that many other states have sent in crews to help get the power back. I'm afraid that the landscape has truly changed once again.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I love that photo too!

I can't believe that the New England family is still without power! I am assuming they are not in their house, but with other family?

We left before the storm and are thankful our oldest son was able to take care of things at our house - it was without power for 3 days...we head home tomorrow...not sure what things will look like!

Deanna

Heather L. said...

Awwww....they are so cute!!!