Thursday, September 09, 2010

Still getting organized


I am still working on putting things where they belong and almost finished.  The weather changes have been glorious to feel but not so much fun for those of us whose sinuses act as a barometer of seasonal changes.  Thus, a fighting battle with nausea today.  I finally gave up and took extra Benedryl (the Equate version), and promptly fell asleep for two hours... but nausea free upon awakening.

I keep up with sorting paperwork (normally) a couple times a year by placing anything I want to file later in a Rubbermaid type container and sorting them when there is time.  However, things had really stacked up when I had bronchitis and the infections. 

I often think of that Ben Franklin adage, "A stitch in time saves nine"... do we have an amen from the back pew?

I must admit now to a family illness trait, we all love office supply stores and places which sell anything to organize stuff.  I became absolutely giddy today when I saw a commercial for a new file folder product.  We won't even discuss Stephanie's euphoria when at IKEA a couple months ago but I was living vicariously through her cell phone descriptions.

My husband was an engineer, which explains everything about his need to organize.  Christopher's college schedule demands organization but much of his is done on the smart phone... however, even he would get all glassy eyed when the back-to-school supplies came out each fall during our homeschooling years.  (That doesn't mean we always like the process of getting organized any better but we do love the stuff.)

Even given all that, my husband and I have different ideas about what constitutes a clutter free house.  My friend, Lynda, treated me to Panera coffee and a carb recently (love that place) and told me about a conversation between our husbands at church.  They agreed that we were not clutter free because we had stacks of books in so many places.  Lynda and I were also in agreement... that is not clutter... that is cozy.

7 comments:

Terra said...

I agree with you that books do not count as clutter, as long as the number is reasonable!

Donnie said...

I love books but I let the library store mine because we have a very small home. 360 square feet..I have no choice but to try to keep the clutter down. I love your posts. It always feels like I'm visiting with you over the back fence.

Anonymous said...

Well a house without books around is just...,..well a house and not a home to me!! :) Sarah

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Books are not clutter! :)

I love office supplies,and organization supplies, but would say that I am not organized the way I should be! sigh....

Vee said...

Well goodness, what's wrong with those guys? Books are cozy. Completely.

Anonymous said...

Heehee...cozy, stacks of books!!
I love it, I love it!!
Elizabeth

katia said...

Books, a great gift from God.