Monday, August 31, 2009

A lovely link or two

I not only wasn't feeling well this past week but I had to take care of a patient all weekend. After the University put out an alert that the H1N1 virus had arrived on campus, we now think what Christopher had was indeed that virus. Thankfully he is much better but I'm still a little weak, which... if the symptoms I had last week are all I get... yeah! I'll know in these next few days.

Anyhoo... all this to say I'm tired today so I'm sending you to one of my favorite writers. Laniersbooks was one of the first "blogs" (journal?) I read as well as one of the few links I placed on Coffee Tea Books & Me in the very beginning. She doesn't write on her site as much as she used to but you can bookmark it by going... here. Sigh, get lost in the archives. :)

Today I'm sending you to her blog entry on the Young Ladie's Christian Fellowship blog... here. This is a lovely blog and website for young ladies. There are numerous mothers who have written me, asking for such recommendations. I'd completely forgotten about this site until Lanier posted again on hers, giving a link to the site's blog.

I'm far from a young lady but I enjoy it. :)

I continue to be amazed at how much my small garden is producing. I am certain lessons learned this first year will make it possible to grow twice as much in the same space next year.

We also plan to build three more 6' x 6' beds before winter. Speaking of which, it was so chilly this morning I had to wear a sweater while running an errand (note to self... stock up on water softener salt so you don't have to make an emergency run!!).

Enjoy the two links. If you like my writing, you will LOVE hers. If you don't enjoy my writing, you will like hers, anyway. :)

Picture: Homemaking Housewives; allposters.com

7 comments:

matty said...

Feel better, Mrs. Brenda! A little tea, a good book, a kitty... Just what the doctor ordered!

Check in on you tomorrow!

Beth said...

I'm "down" with something too...lungs hurt, achy and sooo tired! I'm taking it easy. I had some camomile (spelling??) tea and a cookie a little while ago! Hope you're headed for a speedy recovery! Hugs, Beth

JoAnn said...

I do hope you are feeling better soon.
God Bless!!

Anonymous said...

I pray your health returns and your arm pains subside too. If this is the bad visus hopefully your family will get only a light dose and so you will not worry later about it. Praying for a speedy recovery for you all.
{Brenda don't bother checking on the below comment now..of course just concentrate on feeling better.} I went to the link you posted for the Lanier site. I clicked on archives but it kept only going to a page with the list of places like book reviews and stories and such. The word archives was there but when you clicked on it it just would bring up this same page again. You could click on the other places and it would actually go to stories and such or books she liked. Those I love but you mentioned the archives like you could click on it. I see the word archive but not an archive! :) Am I doing something wrong? Jody

Scrappy quilter said...

Awe Beth, I'm hoping you feel better soon. Thanks for the links.

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

Brenda, I'm sorry you and Christopher have been ill. Thanks for your sweet comment about Avery and her trip. I want her to have fun, but I just like her having fun closer to us. Take care and get some rest. I'm so happy it's getting cooler.

Elizabeth said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Just try to relax, enjoy some tea and some good reading.

It is very chilly here this morning also. According to the weatherman we are in for a delightful week of sunny days and cool nights. A long stretch of nice weather doesn't happen here very often because we usually end up getting whatever the rest of the country dumps on us before it heads out to sea. This kind of weather will help to get the leaves turning...I so look forward to the autumn season.