Monday, January 19, 2009

Continued prayer needed

Christopher's outpatient tests are today. Please pray for him as he goes through the tests and that nothing alarming be found. We all have peace but you know how worry can make its' way back once in awhile.

I had a relaxing day yesterday (Sunday). I awoke with severe muscle aches, most likely brought about by the very cold weather. Not even the medicine my doctor gave me could take away the pain in my right arm, where tendinitis has set in. (How I took for granted having a pain free body!) I have learned to not complain about what illness I DO have but thank God for what I don't! The tendinitis was that teacher.

Even though I could not make it to church, hubby took the three of us out to KFC for a late lunch. We rarely can afford to eat out and I just as rarely have a desire for KFC but his offer met a time when I could actually enjoy their fried chicken dinner!

I must have thanked him about ten times since I know we are taking every dime he is making to pay for the Buick's $1,900 car repairs. He has been working long hours, including many twelve hour days to get the bonus and overtime. He's hoping he gets to work all of this week, too. I have a feeling he will sleep next week! :)

I usually enjoy cooking and I don't mind doing dishes but yesterday it felt so good to get a little vacation. Since we had such a late lunch, I served cheese and crackers as a light supper.

We will be dropping hubby off at work soon and then going on to the hospital. Thank you for your prayers.

12 comments:

Rita said...

Thank you for your blog. Some how it centers me and gives me peace. That all is not urgent and do what needs to be done first and let the other things go for now. Your words help me not to feel so weary and focus me to take care of myself. I will pray for your son and the tests he has today. Please pray for my daughter. At a time when jobs are not plentiful she has one but dislikes it so much the depression raises its ugly head often. She does not fit in this office and would love to find a different place to work. Thank you for your prayers. Let us know how the tests come out. Tendenitis what a bear! Maybe
Thermo patches will help.

Kelly said...

Brenda,
Praying for Christopher, and repairs for the car! keep us posted.

Blessings~
Kelly

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Praying!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

YOU ARE ALL IN MY PRAYERS, ESPECIALLY CHRISTOPHER. And thank you for posting the Martin Luther King, jr. speech. May we be free in the United States of America, and may all the people of this earth be free. Free and at peace.

Vee said...

Christopher is certainly in my prayers as are his parents and sis. I could use some of yours today myself as I will be staying with my mother while she has vascular surgery on her legs. This will give me plenty of time for praying...I'll be praying for Jeremy (Judy's son...My Front Porch), Christopher, Mary Isabella @ Daisy Bouquet and any others who come to mind. (I was so achy last night, too, and finally attributed it to the cold.)

Anonymous said...

You are uplifted in prayer.

Scrappy quilter said...

Brenda, praying for Christopher.

~carol

Anonymous said...

Dee from Tennessee

I am praying here in Tennessee.

Abounding Treasures said...

Praying for Christopher and for his test results ... may the Lord strengthen him through this.

Thanks for posting part of Martin Luther King's speech -- being a Canadian, I don't hear it often but the parts that I have heard always give me *tingles* down my spine and joy and hope in my heart :o)

Blessings as your day unfolds, Brenda!

Anonymous said...

Praying!!

Musings of A Minister said...

I'm a little late in getting here today. The old computer didn't want to cooperate. But I will still pray!

gail said...

Prayers being sent up from Australia for you all.

Blessings Gail