Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Still on the mend

Do you like the summery look? This picture is from a delightful morning on the deck... I think last May.

Well, I have most of the Christmas items packed, all except the tree ornaments and the tree. However, it appears this cold was much worse than I originally thought and it has been quite slow going. I pack and rest... pack and rest... etc.

Hopefully by tomorrow afternoon we will have everything nicely packed away and I can do some much needed dusting, vacuuming, and generally getting things put back in their proper pre-Christmas order.

Hubby and I did get out this afternoon to have a cup of coffee and stop by Borders. One of his Christmas presents from me was to pick out a calendar for the office and Borders was having their 50% off sale. There was one calendar left with our University's football team pictures... sigh... that was what he wanted.

He also had to stop by the library so while he was doing a little research, I drove over to a favorite antique shop nearby and perused all the goodies there. I had a little Christmas money left so I was delighted to find a teacup and saucer similar to those I display with the Mums... only this one had Christmas holly on it. Very, very cheap so I felt absolutely no guilt. :)

I brought back a stack of Homeschooling Today magazines from the library and I have a few Christmas magazines I had received but not read, yet. So in a very little while, I will snuggle up on the sofa with a throw over me and read lovely magazines. I continue to have the chills and a fever... do I have a cold drink or a hot drink... or both?

I want everything to be neat and clean again. I want to feel much better again. Rest and perhaps some chicken soup?

Oh... my friend from Muscatine... my friend who is more like a SISTER... the only friends (she and her hubby) we invited from our side of the wedding to attend Stephanie's wedding and reception... I haven't felt well enough to write back, yet. That's not feeling well at all. However, I am SO thankful that you "found" Stephanie and then "found" us. :)

I'll write more later about our lovely, lovely Christmas season (thanks to God's provision) and next week I hope to write more about deepening the pantry and such. As for now... I have the chills and aches. Back to the sofa...

15 comments:

Tracy said...

I hope you feel better soon!!

Rain said...

Praying for good health in the New Year!
Blessings.

Sue said...

Take it easy, Brenda. Don't overdo and have a setback.

I liked your blog header! Makes me think that spring will be here before we know it!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog - so friendly and chatty with lovely photos especially that one of your deck. How nice it must be to sit there in the summer. Have a lovely new year and hope you're on the mend.

Cheri said...

Praying for your recovery....

Unknown said...

Borders always has such a great selection of calendars! I got our 2009 calendar recently (it's the one from the Tea magazine), and I got a Mary Engelbreit day book - my yearly day books must be cute to write in! That cinnamon toast in the header looks yummy! It's one of my favorite comfort foods. Gracie loves it too. Sometimes I'll boil water for tea and make up some of it just as an afternoon treat.

Hope you feel better real soon. I was sick right before Christmas, but it only lasted a few days.

love, Brenna

Vee said...

You're rushing those seasons right along...at this rate, you'll be posting winter pics in July! Actually, this may make a lot of sense!

Feel better and just do a lot of relaxing until you're up and at'em again.

Rita said...

Praying that you are better tomorrow when you wake up. No chills, no fever.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Praying for your healing, Brenda. It takes a long time, doesn't it, and we don't have the take on illness that they had sixty or more years ago, the idea of slow convalescence....I find this time of year a challenge. We have too little sunshine around the great lakes, but it is a good time for quiet, for reading, thinking, writing........Dreaming of springtime, but not so much that I cannot count the blessings of wintery days.

Anonymous said...

Ramping up the prayers on your behalf. Feel better!!!

debbie said...

Praying for your recovery. I'd send you the recipe my mama's old timey cold cure but it wouldn't go too well with your insulin.
You take care..

Anonymous said...

Your optimism and gratitude amidst sickness is encouraging. I so appreciate that about you! I pray you'll be feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

{{{Brenda}}}
Prayers for a smooth recovery! Coughing and sneezing here too; good thing to have the NY holiday to rest :-)

Love the new header photo; it made me smile.

Hugs (germ-free) and good wishes for the NY,
Jean

Heather L. said...

Sorry you are still not well. That is no fun. I'm trying to clean the house today for a "fresh start" tomorrow. :) I wanted to put all the Christmas stuff away but we are hosting a Christmas party Friday, so it needs to stay up.

Unknown said...

Pots of tea and chicken soup sound like the remedies of choice! Tea, especially cures a lot for me. :)

Health, happiness and Happy New Year!