Since I was asked how to make a perfect pot of tea, here's what I do.
- Start fresh, cold water boiling on the stove
- Place very hot tap water in my tea pot
- When the teapot is starting to sing, pour water from pot
- Place loose tea in pot (usually one teaspoon for each cup plus one for the pot)
- Or, place one tea bag of good quality tea in pot for each cup (HT & Harney & Sons teas require one bag for two cups)
- Pour steaming water into pot for black tea
- Let water set for a minute or so and then pour in pot for green and white teas
- Steep according to directions or your taste (I usually steep black, green, and white only two minutes but I bet the Clarkson's steep theirs a lot longer since they like strong tea)
- Take out tea bags or pour tea through strainer
- Reuse tea bags once if desired or put them in your compost container if you have one
- I only add Splenda but one can add milk, sugar, honey, or lemon (never lemon with milk)
There are lots of places online to learn about tea. If I weren't on my way out the door soon, I'd give a few but off hand I suggest Brenda Hyde's tea page because it has many links you can follow.