Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sunday evening thoughts

Thank you very much for your comments, e-mails, and prayers. I could feel them on Friday as it was time to say goodbye. I literally was flooded with peace soon after we pulled up to the Vet's office. So much so that I could be there when our dear girl was given her shot... what a blessing. Honestly, she went quickly and with a smile on her face. My husband buried her under the dogwood tree in the backyard and found a pretty rock to place near it. He later took three red roses to lay on her little resting place.

Since Friday, I have looked at the places where she usually was curled up and I still have to be reminded that she is no longer with us. I miss her terribly but I'm making certain to give her sister a lot of attention. She has always been more attached to both of our kids but is now in need of affection from all of us.

We are in the midst of a major heat wave in our part of the Midwest. I'm having very fond thoughts of Autumn.

Christopher brought home An Inconvenient Truth from the DVD machine at the grocery store (trust a grocery store in a college town to have that movie). It is an excellent film to watch as a basis for discussion. Christopher has been doing some research online and asking some questions of science/professor types we know.

I'm writing this Friday evening and I'll be back tomorrow afternoon to pull a winner out of a... umm... bowl? So, you can still leave a comment until noonish on Monday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brenda, what a treat to find that you had left a post tonight. I'm so glad you had such peace on Friday-that's awesome.
I'm turning my thoughts to autumn lately too. It seems to happen every August. Thankfully our summer hasn't been overly hot. Today was actually in the high 90's. One August day a couple of years ago we tied with someplace in Africa as the hottest spot on the globe. It was either 117 or 118. I hope we skip such a horrendous figure this year!
joanna :)

Susie said...

Brenda,
I'm terribly behind on reading but am sending you comforting thoughts. I know you said goodbye, but it's just for now. I'm sure you'll see her again..
hugs!

Melissa said...

I am glad you are at peace regarding that difficult decision and sad event.

Autumn is my favorite season.

BTW I would love to hear what you and Christopher have to say after you finish researching the topic of climate and your conclusions verses Gore's.

Adrienne said...

Brenda -
It's good to hear from you again. You have been on my mind and in my prayers all weekend. I'm so glad for the peace you had and that you were able to be there with her. Thoughts of autumn have been racing through my head, too. Prayers will continue for you. ~Adrienne~

Tammy said...

Oh Brenda,
What a comfort to know you are at peace. I have been praying for you. It is very hot and humid here in my neck of the Midwest too...Autumn sounds so refreshing. Have a blessed day and can't wait to see who you pick out of your..um bowl.

Lallee said...

Brenda, I've thought about you all weekend.

Hugs,
Lallee

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Just wanted to add my voice to those who understand your grieving, having been there myself. I, too, hope we will see our little furry friends in heaven...they each have their unique personalities and interactions with us, don't they. They are special, and a gift. I like to think the Lord will let us see them again...

Betty said...

Oh Brenda! My heart goes out to you! I know how much a part of a family an animal can be and I know what a loss you feel. Hugs to you my friend!