Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Kitchen time

Doesn't this picture make you want to get in the kitchen for an entire day? When I was grocery shopping this week, I purchased a lot of apples and other seasonal baking ingredients. I plan to spend tomorrow in kitchen time.

To qualify as true kitchen time, one can't be in a hurry or have to be making something (as for a party). It will be a day where I can slowly create some good baked items as well as a stew for dinner. There is no time pressure at all.

After spending the last few days on the road (literally it seems), a day in the kitchen with the aromas of apples, pears, cinnamon and nutmeg, onions and garlic, all together in one place...yum.

Yesterday I enjoyed a pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks while my son was next door getting his hair cut at Great Clips. I sat at one of the tables on the sidewalk, which would normally be lovely but we were in the 80s again. That's not fair even though I know it happens every Fall. At least it is brief, we will be back in the 60s by tomorrow so my kitchen time will have the appropriate cool weather.

I just brewed a pot of Spring Cherry (my favorite Republic of Tea tea). The description is, Sencha Green Tea Scented with Cherry Essence and Blossoms. Lovely... I'm going to enjoy an hour of relaxing while Husband is giving Son a driving lesson before dropping him off at his part time job. Then after dinner and dishes, I'll decide what to bake tomorrow. I know I want to make Amish Pumpkin Bread (an old favorite) but there are some delicious looking recipes in a couple of Fall magazines I want to try, too. It will be fun!

Picture: Apple Pie Harvest by Janet Kruskamp
Allposters.com

1 comment:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I didn't get as much cooking done as I was hoping. The aroma of oven stew was delicious, though.

All baking will be finished Friday afternoon and Saturday!