Friday, October 06, 2006

Great blogs about books

The world's best son-in-law earned his title today by sending me the first two "blogs about books" to read. I found the third article in the comments section of one of the above.

Both blogs make for great reading. I'm looking forward to coming back this evening with a cup of tea (and a promise not to spill it on the keyboard).

I love the way both blogs say we can know people by their bookshelves. I remember way back in the 1970s, I took the Evangelism Explosion class at the Presbyterian church I was attending at the time. One of the first things we were taught to do when visiting a person for the first time...look at what books they are reading.

In my case you will find everything from history, biography, politics, education, the classics, cooking, gardening, homemaking, housekeeping, quilting, etc. to...Calvin and Hobbes.

The mental images of beloved books in bookshelves, reading and rereading old favorite "friends" ...beautiful writing.

Thank you again, SIL!!

Challies blog
Albert Mohler
Christianity Today article

No comments: