Friday, September 08, 2006

More tour of my house

My Kitchen

Here are a few views of my kitchen. It's not very big but I like it. It's very "cottage like". On one side is the sink, window, frig, etc. The other side is a wall with a lot of my favorite "stuff" there. I think that is the only place in the house that drives my daughter a little batty when she visits. It's all clutter to her. I think it looks old fashioned. We both love vintage style decorating but she prefers less...things...especially on the walls. I like her house, too. It is ALL cottage style.

I have accumulated more things over thirty-two years of marriage and a former big house. I think that's why I like the English Country look. It looks like people have generations worth of furniture, artwork, many loved objects made by people they love, and of course...china and tea things! After giving tons of stuff away over the past years, what's left is what I like the most.



The kitchen and the small family room are divided by the stove and a couple of overhead cabinets. It makes both rooms seem much larger. The stove is the only thing about the house I didn't like. It just didn't "fit" with the rest of the house. However, it works just fine. I can't justify getting a new stove because it is brown. I just mentally think of it as another antique.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL..."I just mentally think of it as another antique."" What a marvelous perspective to have!

Mary said...

Brenda,

I just loved seeing your pretty kitchen. And..I spied that mixer you talked about in one of your posts. I share your thoughts about your stove except mine is about my microwave. It is 20 yrs. old! But it works and we have never had any trouble with it. It is a GE and can be used under the range hood but ours is on the counter. It is touch pad and not nearly as powerful as the new ones. But...I just can't justify tossing it. I would love one of those little white ones though...

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Mary,

That's so funny because my little, white microwave was given to me by my daughter when she had to buy a bigger one.

She bought this microwave from Goodwill so I have no clue how old it is.

It works, though. I only use it for heating coffee, melting chocolate and things like that. The tray on top of the microwave holds the two teapots I use daily.

Yes, you can see "my precious" in the corner...in a place of great honor I might add.

Sigh...I have to keep a good perspective about that stove. I'm in front of it a few times a day. :)

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your pretty kitchen. I just love your white cabinets!

Kelli said...

You have a wonderful kitchen! I especially like the canisters and bread box. Very nice!
Kelli